Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Finally Finished the Cage

Ok, so finally finished one of the cages.. Actually, two if you count each section.. It's a two hole cage, meaning it has two section and two doors.. The whole thing is 5ft long.. The section on the left is 36w by 24d by 18 high.. The section on the right is 24w by 24d by 18h.. The wire on the bottom is 1x1/2 wire.. The wire on the top and sides is 1/2x1/2 hardware cloth.. Might go with 1x1 wire next time as the 1/2x1/2 was hard to work with.. Difficult to get the pliers in.. I used J-clip fasteners for everything, including as hinges for the doors which are on the top.. Each door space is 1ftx1ft.. I also made hay racks on each side.. I think I'm going to have to alter them a bit though because the hay doesn't stick through the 1/2x1/2 wire very well..

I don't really care for having the nest boxes on the inside as it takes up floorspace.. Want to figure out a way to put the nest boxes on the outside.. Maybe build a wooden section on the back with wire floors for ventilation and waste control..

Now to finish the other one.. I'm making two since the wire comes in 10ft lengths.. And so I can have more rabbits, of course..

Rabbit cage

No comments: