Tuesday, September 30, 2014

We Made a Shelf

So this weekend I made a shelf for my daughter. She's artistic so I wanted something creative. So Friday I went to Lowes and got some wood. Three particle board about 4ft long and four 1x1(I think) pieces of wood for the legs.

To attach it all together I got these little brackets. They came in a package of four with the screws. I used three packages.

Put all together, this is what it looks like. It's just slightly wobbly so I'd like to find a way to stabilize it. But until then, it will definitely work.

Then Sunday we went and got some paint. A dark purple for the base and some little bottles of acrylic craft paint for color. I think it turned out rather well.

As you can see, each shelf got it's own pattern. Top shelf got splatter.

Second shelf got rainbows.

And third shelf got splotches.

Anyway. That's all I've got for now. Have a good one.

No comments: