Wednesday, November 12, 2014

What I'm Doing

Nothing really much going on right now. I did build a sort of greenhouse thing to protect my more tender plants. It's not the best built contraption in the world and I think I need to do a bit more work to it. But that will have to wait until next week. After I get it more stable I will post some pics and maybe even a video.

I'm also working on an idea for an aquaponics system. Right now I'm working on some of the plumbing details before I start filling up containers with soil. Yes, I said soil. I'm going to attempt an aquaponics setup with soil. I know. Soil is supposed to be a big no no in aquaponics. But I think my ideas for my setup are pretty sound. Most of that is going to have to wait until next spring. I don't want to deal with working the kinks out of the system and getting the nitrogen cycle locked in while having to deal with possible freezing in the winter weather. So spring it is.

But that's basically what I've been up to. Just working on projects in my spare time. But nothing really to show yet. Once I have things worked out that I can show, I'll post it here.

No comments: