Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Change of Plans on the Indoor Container

So I've changed my mind about starting more greens in the container. Instead I'm going to use it to start some of this year's summer crops. Tomatoes, sweet peppers, etc. Things that need a longer growing season and benefit from a head start. I'll have to go through my seeds to decide what I need to start early and what I can start in the spring.

But, even still, I won't be starting tomatoes and whatever else until the beginning of March. So I've still got about a month. Not sure what I'm going to do with the container until then. I might keep turning the lights on every morning and maintain what's already in there. Or I might just pull everything and save the electricity. Yeah, I think that's what I'll do. No sense wasting electricity on plants that I'm not going to do anything with.

No comments: