Sunday, March 4, 2018

Cutting Down The Sheep Area

Today I got a lot of the sheep area cut down. The girls don't really graze in this area right now because it's just too tall. They like the soft tender stuff that's just coming out of the ground. They don't eat this tall dead stuff. I tried to get it cut down with the push mower but it was too hard to get the mower to push down and then mow over when it's this tall. And as I discussed yesterday, the previous head for our weedeater was no longer usable.

So I got one of these.

And did this. You can see one of the girls in the back kind of standing in the tall stuff. But that's about as far as they go.



They did kind of follow me around though. Explored and nibbled at the areas I uncovered. It gives me a certain kind of peace and satisfaction to watch them grazing. Something very connected-to-the-earth about it.



I would have gotten more done but I ran out of weedeater fuel. Tomorrow I should have it all knocked down and then I can go over it with the push mower just so this tall stuff doesn't cover what grass there is and I end up with big dead spots. The earth must have sun!

Something else I need to get done tomorrow is I need to get some u-posts and brace up the arbor. The heavy winds we got knocked it over (and that thing ain't light) and I think some of the screws have loosened a bit and now the darn thing is leaning. I knew I should have braced that long ago. But the hubby was like 'nothing's going to blow that thing over'. I would tell him I told you so. But he conveniently won't remember ever having the conversation.

But that was most of my day. Not sure what my next project will be. Lots to get done. Only so much time in the day. I do know I need to get the irises out of one of my garden beds. And I need to get the rest of the rabbit manure and put it in the beds. I also need to get some things done in the chicken coop. Like I need to replace some sections of the floor that are falling through. We knew this would happen eventually because the OSB we used is not good for this. Especially since the friggin coop still leaks. That's something else I have to address. Only so many hours in the day! And only so much money for said projects.

K, time to go relax. Maybe go to bed early. Take care peoples. Here's a pic of one of my plum trees blooming.

No comments: