Sunday, May 20, 2018

Planting Out Seedlings, Predator Update And More Wire Moving

This is my green beans climbing my porch before I planted them yesterday.


Then I went outside earlier today and something had partially dug up half of the cucumber plants that I transplanted out. Didn't harm the plant itself. Just seemed to dig through the potting soil I had the plants growing in the cups. I think I caught them early enough though and replanted the plants. I think most of them will survive. Might take them a little bit to recover though because they lost a lot of roots because of being dug up.



So far I've had no more chicken losses so I guess the skirt is working. I think I'm going to have to do the same to the other tractor though. There was a spot outside of it where something had tried to dig under but given up. I'm still thinking possum. I think that's also what dug up my cucumber plants. Possibly looking for bugs or something. I've also seen a possum around here before.

We are leaving Turtle and Honey in the tractor with the others tonight. When we put them back in the tractor in the morning, they were getting picked on like we were introducing new chickens. So I'm just going to leave them with everybody else.

I did some moving around of the girl sheeps fence. Moved the posts out a bit to wear I had weedeated the other day. Tomorrow I hope to move the posts some more, do some more weedeating and hopefully weedeating the garden. The garden is already getting overgrown and a lot of my plants are about ready to go out. Between the stuff with the sheep and pig stuff and all of the rain, I just haven't gotten to my garden. I also have some more sprouted seeds that need to go in cups tomorrow. Lots to do, lots to do.

But, right now it's my bedtime. Take care all and have a good night.

No comments: