Wednesday, March 7, 2018

I Straightened The Arbor Today


This is the arbor that got knocked over the other day from the wind storm. I took a picture before I straightened it but my camera decided to lose it. So we only have the after. It wasn't leaning severely. But it was enough where you could see that it was off.

I only had a couple long screws so I need to get another box to completely secure the arbor to the u-posts. Then it will be good to go. But at least I have it straight again. And after I get the rest of the screw in, this thing will stay upright with anything short of a hurricane. I hope to God we don't get a hurricane here. Our shingles started coming off just from the wind storm. I'd hate to see what a hurricane would do. Might end up with a nice skylight for a while. Ugh.

This didn't take me all day. But I couldn't really do anything outside because it was still wet from yesterday and sprinkling today. We even had tiny bits of hail for about 10 minutes.

Inside the house?.... Yeah, I 'meant' to clean. Just never got around to it. Tomorrow I really need to force myself to get things done in here. I know I keep saying I'm going to do it. But tomorrow, it's got to get done. Mostly just sweeping the floor and doing some dishes. Some straightening up.

In my defense for today, I didn't sleep very well last night because I was dealing with some stuff with my daughter. She's a type 1 diabetic and yesterday the site for her pump connection started leaking. Since she wasn't getting all of the insulin that she should have, her blood sugar got really high. Of course, this happened around dinner time and she didn't tell me until almost bed time. So I ended up changing her site and staying up about 3 hours past my bedtime to make sure her blood sugar went back down. Then I had to get up at 3:30am to take my oldest to work.

So, of course, I haven't had much energy today. Actually, I think straightening the arbor was pretty good for the day. Of course, there was the usual feeding of the animals. But that happens every day so I don't usually report it.

I think I'm going to go to bed early tonight. Try to catch up on enough sleep to rejuvenate me. Or at least make me functionable. Have a good day everybody and take care.

No comments: