Sunday, May 13, 2018

Another Beautiful Iris, Battery Update And Moving The Sheep

This iris was in the same bed as my purple ones with the yellow throat. But I don't remember these from last year. Maybe just because there were just so many of the other ones. Still pretty though and still an iris, so love it just the same.



I don't know what it is about the fence charger, but it is the only thing I can put on the battery all night. I tried one night with the box fan I have in the window of the chicken coop along with the fence charger. I tried a simple light for the chicks along with the fence charger. The battery got down pretty low with either of those plugged in so I'm leaving them off for now until I can get more batteries.

I haven't done a post in a couple of days because I've been really busy with getting the new area arranged for the girl sheeps. Then today we moved the sheep (formerly pig) shelter to the new sheep area, put up the fence and moved the sheep over. As you can see, they look pretty confused. And probably not happy with us.


We put down plywood so they wouldn't sink in the mud while walking across the runoff. But they refused to cross. Probably just because it was something new. So two of them we had to grab by the leg, flip them on their back and carry them across. The third one went across on her own. Not sure if that was because her friends were on the other side, or if she just didn't want to be carried across.



Over the next few weeks and probably months, I'll be weedeating or mowing my way around this area to start expanding grazing space. Just like I did with their former area.

Their former area will become the area for the pigs and the boy sheeps. Until the girl piggies get close to baby time, then they'll be going into the boy sheeps current area. I've said this already, haven't I? Yeah, I think so. I always forget. I make plans and plans in my head and they're always changing every so slightly.

So these are the plans. For the moment. They will probably stay though because I really want a safe and secure place for the babies and the welded wire area is the only place I can really keep in small critters like baby piggies.

Anyway, I'm beyond tired, as always. So I'm going to go to bed and I will see you guys probably tomorrow. Take care all and have a good night.

No comments: