Monday, May 14, 2018

Took A Day Off (Sort Of) And Baby Bunnies

I took a me day today. Haven't done anything but feed the animals and then sat around and did nothing. Also took a bit of a nap which I really needed.

Although I did plant some sprouted melon seeds into some of the plastic cups and I need to start some more seeds in the baggies. So I guess that is something. The seeds I'm starting next are mostly flower seeds. Mostly growing them to attract pollinators and beneficial predators. But also because they're pretty. It's nice to have lots of color in a vegetable garden as well as the usual flower garden. I also need to restart a couple of vegetables like my eggplant, romaine and kale. Just having a hard time getting some of these to survive. Not sure why.

But the most exciting news is that a couple of days ago, one of our rabbits had babies. So far they seem to be doing good. The only thing I'm really worried about right now is fly strike. I've lost a couple babies before just because flies laid eggs on the babies before they really got their fur in and it killed the babies. But we'll see.

They've been mostly covered in mama's fur to keep them warm. But since it's been so warm outside, mama uncovered them a little bit and I was able to take a video showing at least two babies wiggling around.



Oh, I also let the boy sheep out into the bigger area today. They've mostly stayed in their usual fenced area. But I think as they get more used to it, they'll spend more time out in the bigger area. Now that I've got the girls moved, I can open up the boys new area even more. I used to have a lot of wire separating the pigs and the sheep. Now I can just let them all intermingle and end up giving them a bigger area without having to cross fence which uses more wire and posts.

Anyway, it's almost time to give everybody their dinner. Take care all and have a good day/night.

No comments: