Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Adjustments I've Made To The Fence, More Seeds Started And A Broody Duck

So the plan for today is to do some more mowing in the girl sheeps area. The current in the fence is also low so I need to find out where it's getting shorted. And also expand the boy sheeps area.

Now I worked up some images to show how many times I've had to move this stupid fence just in the last month or two. First one is what we started with. The chicken and garden areas aren't marked in the other pictures because they will always be there so don't need to be pointed out every time.


Then I tried to shorten my fence line so I could use the extra wire for the girl sheeps new area. The red lines are where the fence was previously. Didn't get much wire, somehow, but I did get a bunch of posts to use.


Then this is how I plan on moving the wire now. Expanding the boy sheeps area way out as far as I can. The only reason it will stop at the bottom is because the runoff is there and to the left and top are our property lines. The old pig area will be removed and next month the girl pigs will go into the welded wire fence where the boy sheeps used to be. I feel like I'm playing musical animals.



Pretty soon here I hope to get some pasture seed and put it in the old pigs area. They really tore that area up during the fall/winter/spring seasons so it's pretty bare.

This morning I got some more seeds started. Most were flowers. Some were vegetables that I'm having trouble getting to sprout properly. It's mostly a problem with, they sprout in the paper towels, I plant them in soil and then they just don't come up or they come up and then die. Don't know what's going on but I'm going to get them to work one way or another. (Most of these labels are self explanatory. But some I shorted. Like egg is eggplant. Cone is coneflower. Mari is marigold. And nast is nasturtium.)


I also seem to have a broody muscovy duck. She's spending a lot of time in the nest box and she makes a funny squeaking noise whenever I get near. I can't wait to see some baby duckies hatching.


K, guess I need to get to work. Everybody take care and have a good day.

No comments: