Wednesday, May 16, 2018

More Rain, Rotational Grazing And Keeping Myself Occupied

So I guess I'm going to be taking a break for about a week. It's supposed to rain. A lot. Yay. (feigned enthusiasm) I won't be able to mow but hopefully there will be enough breaks in the rain that I can do some weedeating.

My plan for the girls is to get their area as big as the roll of wire will let me and then move it back and forth along the runoff. Something like this picture. This is an overhead of our property.



The black box to the north is about where they are now. (The black box to the south east is where the boys and the pigs are.) The red box is about how I want the girls area to be. Then as they graze down an area, I can move them east or west along the runoff in a sort of rotational grazing pattern.

But not much is going to get done this week. Not sure what I'm going to do indoors while I wait for things to dry out. Guess I could work on some crochet projects. Maybe tomorrow I'll finally show you guys some things I crocheted to help me sleep better. I'm thinking of making some more and selling them on etsy. I really need to get my etsy store going. Could earn myself some money to finally get some of these bigger projects done.

Anyway, guess I need to go find some things to binge watch on Netflix or Amazon video. While my hands are busy crocheting, I like to keep my mind busy also.

While I do that, you guys take care and have yourselves a good day.

No comments: