Thursday, February 22, 2018

Chickies!



My itty bitties came today! There are 10 buff orpingtons, 10 silver laced wyandottes, 6 mixed color silkies, 3 OEG bantams and one extra chick which I think is another buff orpington. At first I put them in this one storage container, mostly to get acclimated. But then I noticed some competition with the food already. So I put the orpingtons and the wyandottes in another container. I wanted to make sure the itty bantams were able to get enough food.

I also put the waterers on top of the lids of some 18 count egg cartons. (Not the whole egg carton. Just the lid.) Normally the chicks constantly kick wood shavings into the waterer's tray and I'm constantly having to clean them out so the chicks can actually drink the water. But the egg carton tops are doing a really good job of keeping the waterer away from the wood shavings enough so they don't get in the waterer's tray.

Haven't really done much else today. Some running around in town. Some watching of netflix. Not nearly enough crocheting considering I also spent a good portion of the day sitting on my tuchas. I seem to be sore in some places that I hadn't realized that I'd overworked during this sheep fence/shelter project. But I did get more plastic wire holder thingies from the store so I can get that done tomorrow.

Then the last thing will just be to do the doors. For some reason I'm not looking forward to this part of the project. Maybe that's why I'm sort of procrastinating on it. I normally love to build things. But for some reason I'm not real good at doors. But it's got to be done and nobody else is going to do it. So it's up to me.

But since it's now dark outside, I'm going to go watch some more netflix and do some crocheting. I really need to get this pockets done so I can get the rest of this yarn put up neatly and not scattered everywhere. See you guys tomorrow and take care.

No comments: