Friday, February 23, 2018

Doors For The Sheeps



So I built the doors for the sheep areas today. Pretty basic stuff. 4ft tall and 3 feet wide. Pretty good sized door but will give me plenty of room to get through with hay bales or anything else I need. 3 inch screws for good secure connections. Some extra wire from the fence to cover them. Used nails to hold down the wire. The nails actually came with the plastic wire holder thingies. But I used screws to install those so I used the nails for this. Hammered them in and then bent over the ends to sort of act like a makeshift staple. Might eventually put an extra piece of wood across the middle for a little more bracing. But we'll see how this works for now.

I didn't get the doors hung today though. When I went to get the wood, I forgot to pick up some darn hinges! I didn't get back into town until later in the day and by the time I got home, I wouldn't have had much light left. So it's been held off until tomorrow.

I didn't get anymore of the electric wire strung up for the boys either. I wanted to get the doors done because part of the wire will be sort of going across the door. So I've got to get the doors in place first before I can figure out where the wire needs to go. You might ask why I'm putting wire across the door. But I'll have to show you that later when it's actually done. It's a visual thing. Best way to explain it is to show you.

So after I built the doors, I spent the rest of the day watching movies and crocheting. Played a little World of Warcraft. Part of the advantage of being your own boss is that I can work or relax whenever I want. Disadvantage is that you don't always have money incoming. So far I haven't made any money from homesteading. Hopefully that will change once the pigs and sheep start having babies and I can sell any I don't want to keep or butcher. Next year I also want to start hatching chicks and selling those.

Ok, it's past my bedtime and I better get some sleep. Have a good night. Take care.

No comments: