Sunday, February 18, 2018

New Piggie and More Fencing


I forgot to get a picture of him today so this is a picture the seller took. (He's the one on the right.) But today we went and got our new boar and we've named him Boris. Yes, pun intended. He's about 8 months old. We had a heck of a time getting him out of the crate once we got home. But he quickly settled in and is already trying to do his 'job'. The girls don't seem too impressed with him yet. There was a little squealing and angry grunting going on. But they'll all settle down and get along better in the days to come.
The reason I forgot to take a picture of him is because I was moving around the electrical wire today. Started this morning, went to get Boris, then went right back to the wire. I'm about 75% of the way done. Just need to string maybe one more time around the girls area, then I should be done. I'll have lots of extra length to roll back up since I don't need to take the electric wire ALL the way around since a good section of their boundary is the welded wire for the boys area. Then tomorrow I can finally get the girls half of the shelter up and move them over to their area. Still also need to do the door for the boys area.
But I've had a full day and I'm wooped so I'm going to go to bed early. Have a good day peoples.

No comments: