Thursday, March 22, 2018

Canning and Lavender

No, I did not can the lavender.

I canned chicken vegetable noodle soup. Right now it just has the vegetables in it. Peas, green beans, corn, carrots and potatoes in chicken broth. Seasoned with oregano and basil. When they go to warm up the soup they can add the chicken and noodles to it. I've got the seven jars sitting there and another seven in the canner.


As for the lavender.I have a couple of the 'true' lavenders coming up in my seedling trays. But the ones that I really wanted to come up were the were the ellegance lavenders. They are supposed to be more suited for my area. But, only one came up and it's tiny and weak and I'm not sure if it's going to make it.

So while I was at Wally-world today, I was looking for luffa seeds so I can grow those this year and have some sponges to clean my jars with. I hate synthetic sponges. They didn't have any luffa seeds (gonna check some other stores in town but might have to order them) but they did have the ellegance lavenders in the large peat pot planters. So I grabbed a couple of those since I don't have anymore seeds to try again.



But that's been mostly what I've been up to today. Didn't do a post yesterday because the only thing I did was do some cleaning in the kitchen and catching up on my youtube subscription list. Not really exciting enough to write about. I know I should have at least posted a picture or something. But as usual, I lost track of time and it was bedtime before I knew it.

As a matter of fact, it's almost my bedtime now. As soon as this set of jars gets done, I'm off to bed. You should get to bed too if you're reading this, this late. Go on now. Get to bed. = ) Take care all.

No comments: