Monday, March 26, 2018

Polish Chicks And Cleaning Out The Rabbit Pen

Sooooooooooo, these are 4 bantam polish chickens. I went to Tractor Supply to get chicken food and I saw these little guys. (Hopefully 1 guy and 3 girls.) But I've wanted a couple of these for quite a while now. So when I saw that there were actually some in the bantam bin, I just gave in. You can see their little poofs on their heads already. Aren't they so cute? That's how I knew they were polish. I believe they're going to be buff laced. But we'll see once they get more feathers.


I've also started getting the rabbit pen ready for them to come out of their cages. This is my compost pile and half of the stuff on there is from when I had the meat chickens in the rabbit pen. Hopefully I'll be able to get the rabbit pen finished this year and they'll just be colony bunnies.



I've yet to have much success with the cage method. They've only had a couple of litters and I've only had one bunny survive. Most have only survived a couple of days and then died. I don't know if these rabbits are just really bad mothers or if something else is going on.

K, dinner time. I is hungry. Take care all and good night.

No comments: