Friday, September 21, 2018

Mowing The Garden And The Other Side Of Our Property

I actually got some stuff done on the garden today. Not as much as I would have liked but progress nonetheless. I was mostly able to mow between the beds. But things from the beds were hanging over the paths so much that I had to start on a couple of them also.

This is a picture of the front of the garden. If you look back on my video earlier you will see the difference.

First I cleared some of the stuff that was hanging over the into the paths. Then I started on these two beds in the back because they were less overgrown.



I did get a little bit of mulch spread in front of the garden. Only two loads but it's a start. The handle of my garden cart comes off with two rods and cotter pins so that I can securely attach it to the back of our big mower. It made the job of moving the mulch so much easier.



While I did more work on the garden, my daughter drove over to the other side of our property and remowed what we had done before. All of the rain had started to make it grow up again. I don't know how much longer her fascination with using the big mower will last. But I'll take what help I can get. She also does a very good job.



At one point she ran out of gas and I had to bring her the gas can. I don't know what the sheep thought I had but they kept following me back and forth across the runoff. You would think they never get fed.



Anyway, it's way past my bedtime and I need to get some sleep. Take care of all and have a good night.

No comments: